STM32 Safety Platform
Example for an STM32 safety platform:
The solution shall meet the following safety-related goals:
- Program Flow Monitor - We want to monitor the program flow of our safety-related subset of tasks, functions, or interrupts.
- Runtime Monitoring - We want to check the runtime behavior and consumption of our safety-related subset of tasks and functions.
- Microcontroller Self-Tests - We want to check the CPU opcodes, RAM cells, and FLASH content during runtime.
Furthermore, the solution shall meet some high-level system and business-related goals:
- Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) - We want to use an RTOS with deterministic hard real-time behavior for safety-related functionality.
- Space Protection Mechanism - We want to use space protection that separates safe and unsafe code within the system.
Flexible Safety RTOS
- Scheduling application tasks
- Managing task separation
- Task synchronization services
- Task communication services
The Safety AddOns provides services to get the needed safety measures by the configuration of expected behavior:
- Monitoring the task runtime
- Program flow monitoring
- Safe end-to-end communication
ST Self-Test Library
- RAM and FLASH Checks
- Core Register Checks
This usage scenario provides a safe RTOS with managed memory protection for using middleware components, a great selection of services to achieve the required hardware and software diagnostic coverage rates. All software components are pre-certified by TÜV Rheinland.