The Foundation of Functional Safety
The ageing of hardware, radiation or wear and tear of components leads to random errors. There are only limited ways to avoid this type of error. Therefore, a safety-critical system must recognize and control random errors. The purpose of the safety concept is to describe the faults and measures to be considered.
- Safety Concept Let us support and accompany you as a partner in analyzing your system and creating the safety concept documentation.
- Gap Analysis Achieve a higher safety capability than was planned at the start of your project with a gap analysis by our safety experts.
- Diagnostic Coverage Work with us to get the best selection of self-tests to achieve the desired diagnostic coverage in the most resource-efficient way.
Select Software with Safety Capability
With selecting software components from Embedded Office, you will strengthen the safety profile of your projects. The pre-certified components take you closer to compliance with leading safety standards and speed up the path to market.
Relax your project schedule with pre-certified solutions that ensure regulatory compliance and accelerate your product's time to market. Eliminate approval risks and gain peace of mind.
Gain freedom during the software selection process by using the innovative space protection of the Flexible Safety RTOS for the separation of application parts on a single device.
Opt for the Aerospace Partitioning System for rigorous application separation in time and space. Strengthen your projects with a specialized solution that guarantees precision and control.
Trusted by the world's most innovative teams
Transform how you meet safety standards with our dedicated consulting services. From software integration, implementation, verification, to pre-certification, we support and guide you every step of the way.
- Integration Service Use our integration service for your selected software components and get a ready-to-run system. Our streamlined and efficient process increases safety and reduces risk.
- Certification Support Meet the deadlines by seeking advice from experts who will guide you through the certification process or carry out the entire pre-certification of your software component.
- Open Source Reduce costs through the use and configuration of open source components by experienced developers. Be aware of the pitfalls when combining multiple open source licenses.
Safety standards are integral to developing safety-critical systems in various industries, ensuring that these systems are reliable and safe for their intended uses. It's important for software developers and engineers working in safety-critical industries to be familiar with the applicable standards and regulations in their field. Compliance with these standards not only ensures the safety and reliability of their products but also facilitates market access and acceptance. Here's a list of some of the most popular safety standards across different sectors we are familiar with:
- Aerospace & Defense DO-178C: Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
- Automotive ISO 26262: Road Vehicles - Functional Safety
- Railway EN 50128: Railway Applications - Communication, signaling and processing systems - Software for railway control and protection systems
- Industrial & Automation IEC 61508: Functional Safety of Electrical / Electronic / Programmable Electronic Safety-related Systems
- Medical Devices IEC 62304: Medical Device Software - Software Life Cycle Processes
- Process Industries IEC 61511: Functional Safety - Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector
Top Companies Choose Our Components
Working together on a safety-critical product is a long-term decision. We are proud to look back to great partnerships with over 300 customers all over the world. Some of them purchased a building block, while others worked with us on their safety platform for the whole product generation.
As part of a concept study, the investigation of a technical risk was commissioned. The result of the study was fully in line with expectations. Thank you so much!
We have chosen you because you are experts in the field of safety firmware and we work well with you.