Secure Data Storage
Example for Secure Data Storage
This solution shall meet the following main goals:
- Usable in Safety Product - We want to get a solution, which is usable in safety products
- Secure Data Storage - We want to encapsulate the data storage access driver and control the accessing modules.
- Identity Management - We want to get tiny identity management for all components of the product, which needs access to the data storage.
Furthermore, the solution shall meet some high-level business goals:
- Space Protection Mechanism - We want to use mixed safety capabilities on a single microcontroller.
- LTS for complete Platform - We want to have a long-term supported (LTS) safety platform.
Flexible Safety RTOS
- Scheduling application tasks
- Managing task separation
- Task synchronization services
- Task communication services
- Access Permission: No-Access
- Tiny Identity Management
- Long-Term Maintenance
uC/OS - Filesystem
The uC/OS family filesystem component is build with all special embedded system requirements in mind:
- Power-Failsafe by Journaling
- Wide Range of Storage Media
- Small Footprint in RAM and ROM
This usage scenario provides a safe RTOS with managed memory protection for separating the filesystem. With small tailoring to achieve the memory permission “no-access”, this system allows secure data storage in files. Note: The managed memory protection allows the usage of this system design in safety systems.