Example for a Secure Communication
This solution shall meet the following main goals:
- Usable in Safety Product - We want to get a solution, which is usable in safety products.
- Secure Communication - We want to communicate via TCP/IP with encrypted packages using the SSL protocol.
- Certificate Storage - We want to get secure certificate storage with application-regulated access control.
Furthermore, the solution shall meet some high-level business goals:
- Space Protection Mechanism - We want to use mixed safety capabilities on a single microcontroller.
- LTS for complete Platform - We want to have a long-term supported (LTS) system.
Flexible Safety RTOS
- Scheduling application tasks
- Managing task separation
- Task synchronization services
- Task communication services
uC/OS - TCP/IP Stack
The TCP/IP stack out of the uC/OS family is built especially for embedded systems and features:
- Small Footprint in RAM and ROM
- Wide Microcontroller Support
- High Performance with Zero-Copy Technology
The Wolf SSL library is Open Source and available with commercial licenses. The library considers the special requirements of embedded systems:
- Wide Hardware Accelerator Support
- Compact Footprint in RAM and ROM
- Selection of Encryption Algorithms
This usage scenario provides a safe RTOS with managed memory protection for using middleware components. The TCP/IP communication stack from Micrium is integrated with the wolfSSL Embedded SSL/TLS Library to achieve highly secure communications in safety system designs.