AURIX™ SMP Safety Platform
Example for an AURIX™ SMP safety platform
This solution shall meet the following main goals:
- Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) - We want to use a single RTOS for handling the tasks on all cores.
- Pre-Certified RTOS - We want to use a pre-certified real-time operating system.
- Online Self-Tests - We want to use online hardware self-tests as required by the AURIX™ safety manual.
Furthermore, the solution shall meet some high-level business goals:
- Space Protection Mechanism - We want to use mixed safety capabilities on all cores.
- LTS for complete Platform - We want to have a long-term supported (LTS) safety platform.
Flexible Safety RTOS
- Scheduling application tasks
- Managing task separation
- Task synchronization services
- Task communication services
- Symmetric Multi-Processing
- Static Task Affinity
- Inter-Core Communication
- Core and Memory Checks
- Peripheral and Register Checks
- Supports Safety Watchdog
This solution scenario provides a safety RTOS with managed memory protection and operating in symmetric multi-processing mode. A collection of services provides the required hardware and software diagnostic coverage activities. The tailored RTOS is pre-certified and maintained.